07 March 2006

Sinn Féin Councillor receives loyalist death threat

Sinn Féin

Published: 7 March, 2006

Banbridge Sinn Féin Councillor Dessie Ward has today detailed the latest loyalist death threat against him after the PSNI arrived at his home yesterday evening (Monday 5th March) to deliver notification of the threat.

Speaking today Mr Ward said:

"Yesterday evening the PSNI arrived at my home to inform me that my life was under threat from unnamed loyalist paramilitaries. I was not home at the time and they left a sheet of paper which explained that loyalist paramilitaries are currently targetting me.

"This is the latest threat against my life and comes after a more general one in September of last year. It appears that this latest threat is more specific.

"Since election to Banbridge Council there has been a systematic campaign of vilification directed towards me by a number of unionist councillors. These same councillors must now condemn the threats against my life." ENDS

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?