28 January 2006

Missing man's mother thanks Dorrians for their support

Belfast Telegraph

Her son vanished on New Year's Day

By Debra Douglas
newsdesk@belfasttelegraph.co.uk
28 January 2006

THE mother of missing Co Down man Martin Kelly has thanked the family of Lisa Dorrian "from the bottom of my heart" for offering to take part in tomorrow's 'Walk of Hope'.

Martin Kelly, from Holywood, has not been seen since leaving Pat's Bar in the Docks area of Belfast on New Year's Day.

Tomorrow the 21-year-old's distraught family are holding a walk to look for him - a walk the Dorrian family have offered to assist.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Martin's mother Karen said she was "completely overwhelmed by their kindness".

"I cannot thank them enough for even thinking of me," she said.

"They are going through their own grief but are going to come up and give me some support and I thank them for that from the bottom of my heart.

"We are all going through a living hell and if we can offer each other support and give each other a hug, we can take comfort from that."

Lisa Dorrian's sister Joanne said the family wanted to do everything they could to help.

"Since we heard about Martin, our hearts have gone out to the family," she said.

"They are constantly in our thoughts and prayers and we are glad we have made contact with them and will be able to show them as much support as people have shown us and continue to do so.

"We want to go up on Sunday because that young man is missing and needs to be found.

"I just hope that he turns up as I wouldn't want any other family to go through what we have gone through in the past year, you wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy."

Joanne, sister Michelle, Lisa's dad John and her ex-boyfriend Jamie Mills will join the Martin family on Sunday. Mrs Kelly has also appealed to the public to join them.

"I would like people to come along and to support us," she said.

"I'm just trying to find our Martin and want everyone to unite together to help me. I could never forgive myself if I didn't do everything possible to try and find my child.

"Every morning and every night I go into Martin's bedroom and I say a prayer that was sent to me by a mother who doesn't know me but who knows Martin and I pray for him to be brought home.

"I have to find him and I need help to do that," added Mrs Kelly.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?